Monday, March 17, 2014

Poject 6. Sound.








For the sixth project in my time class we were supposed to record several sound clips also known as fossils and then combine and edit them in Premiere pro. We are supposed to have a inspiration for the sound piece.

For my sound clip that I have named - Nostalgia
Are recordings of sounds and events that I associate with the time I spent with my younger sister.
The recordings are :

-Sound of a music box that she owned
-Filling water in a glass, as I would always have her bring me water
-Clicks of the phone keys while texting
-Humming of a lullaby my mom sang to her
-The sound of her dance wearing her payal (anklet with bell beads)
-Sound of her wearing my heels and struggling to walk

I have used Premiere successfully by layering clips, editing them by adding effects like chorus, delay and dramatic, shortening or lengthening the speed, used the volume control, used the pen tool to place with the pitch in between the clips, used crossover for blending, fade-in and fade out effect with the help of pen tool again.
This project was very exciting, as the topic is very personal to me. My critique went extremely well, people liked the choice of sounds and the overlaying of each clip with another, the transitions worked well. My professor pointed that I had some sounds that weren't explicit as opposed to some other very clear ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment