Thursday, February 13, 2014

Project 1. Time Map.





This was my first Project in my time class.
We were supposed to take 20 photos of an action and assemble them in sequence.
My action was cooking risotto, I used small pieces of wooden slabs and stuck the first 12 images on each of the slab, later I 6 more images and stuck them onto two pieces of slabs each. For the last step I pasted small bits of the entire big image onto the back side of the slab so that it looks like a puzzle.

I made it like a game, interactive so that a person is physically and mentally try to solve the puzzle to be able to see all the steps clearly. I put numbers on the side of the each slab so that it matches with the other ones and a person can clearly see the sequence of the events.

My project seemed to have worked well, I was very happy with it. But yes the construction could have been better. I wanted to keep it raw so that it looks like a cutting board. In my critique people liked the idea and concept, but felt that it was a little confusing.
Maybe the use of colors on the sides could have helped the person put the puzzle together quicker.

I enjoyed working, and the first project was a success which set the mark high for us to keep performing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment